The exhibition will be open to the public on Thursday, the open day, and will close on Saturday evening with the auction of fair exhibits. All livestock exhibits may be removed from 8:00 p.m. Saturday, but are urged to remain to the end.|
1. The fairgrounds will be open for reception of articles in all departments, except livestock, on Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. All articles intended for exhibition in all departments, except livestock, must be entered before 8:00 p.m. Tuesday. Livestock entries will be accepted on Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED IN ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT ON WEDNESDAY.
3. There will be no charge for exhibits entered for competition.
Exhibits may be entered by any resident in the Fair area which consists of Oley Township and the seven adjacent townships being Alsace, Amity, Earl, Exeter, Pike, Rockland, and Ruscombmanor. Also, employees, or their spouse, of the Oley Valley School District, provided the employees’ name and school address are given and students presently enrolled in Berks Career and Technology – East Center, provided they list the school name and address. All livestock MUST be owned by the exhibitor for the purpose of awarding trophies. Livestock owned by bona-fide partnership may be entered in the name of the partnership; for example, a father and son partnership.
4. Every rule in the premium list will be strictly adhered to and no exception whatever will be made.
5. A ribbon may be awarded to a meritorious article, though not enumerated, but no special ribbon shall be awarded without the consent of the Executive Committee.
6. In the event of no competition in any class, the right is reserved to award only second or even third premium; and should unsound, inferior or distinctly unworthy specimens be presented in competition the Fair Association shall be under no obligation to decorate them with ribbons or distribute premiums as scheduled.
7. The Fair Association reserves the right to construe its own rules and regulations and to decide arbitrarily all matters in regard thereto; and to formulate and enforce special rules for any conditions that are not covered on the list.
8. All exhibits will be under the control and direction of the management, but the Fair will in no case be responsible for any loss, or damage that may occur. Each exhibitor will be solely responsible for any loss, injury or damage done to, or occasioned by, or arising from any article exhibited by him and for its description as given in the catalogue, and shall indemnify the Fair against all legal and other proceedings in regards thereto.
9. Water will be supplied for all agricultural purposes on the grounds.
10. The Fair Association will not be responsible for any accident that may occur to persons or animals on the grounds. All who enter the grounds do so at their own risk.
11. Exhibitors will at all times give the necessary personal attention to whatever they may have on exhibition and at the close of the Fair take charge of the same.
12. All animals must be free of symptoms of any communicable diseases or parasites and must be able to pass a veterinarian’s inspection.
13. All animals have to be owned or trained by contestant to be eligible for fitting or showmanship.
14. The Oley Fire Company has charge of parking cars.
15. No livestock trailers will be permitted to be parked on the fairgrounds during the entire fair.
16. Initial bedding only supplied by fair.
17. No pets allowed on grounds during fair.
18. Only grooming products that are approved for use on meat and dairy animals may be used when fitting animals for show. Unapproved products may contain ingredients that result in unacceptable residues in the meat or milk. If you are not certain that a product is residue safe and approved for use on meat or dairy animals, do not use it!
19. The Fair Association reserves the right of refuding to accept any entry.
20. Anyone removing their exhibits before the designated time will forfeit their premium.
**Important!** If upon slaughter treatment with drugs, biologics, or any chemical from fitting products, is the cause of condemnation of a carcass, the loss of the carcass and any other damages will be borne by the exhibitor.