Rules Governing Exhibits
1. All goats exhibited must be accompanied by an official certificate of health
signed by a licensed veterinarian.
2. Must be wethers or does under one year old as of show date.
3. It is suggested that all goats be horn tip and slick shorn.
4. Limit of two goats per exhibitor. The Fair reserves the right to limit the number
of entries per exhibitor to fit the space available.
5. Entry forms must be submitted to Chairman by September 1st.
6. All goats must be owned and cared for by exhibitor thirty days prior to the Fair.
7. Owners must care or arrange to have their livestock cared for by competent
individuals. Exhibitors must furnish their own feed.
8. All animals for exhibition must be in place by Wednesday before 8:00 p.m. and
remain on the grounds until 8:00 p.m. closing day. Goats will be weighed upon
arrival on Wednesday.
Health Rules for Goats Requirements:|
1. No goat showing clinical signs of contagious or infectious disease will be
admitted to any show.
2. All show goats must be individually identified be either ear tag, ear notch,
3. An "Animal Owner or Caretaker's Verification of Veterinarian-Client
-Relationship" form must be presented upon arrival at all shows and
fairs in Pennsylvania.
4. All goats to be exhibited must be identified with official USDA scrapie
identification. Goats having a registration tattoo and a scrapie premise ID
with a registration certificate are exempt from this requirement.
5. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued within 30 days prior to
the opening date of the exhibition is required.